Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Wine Connoisseur or Wino!!!

This week's post will definitely be totally different than any of my other posts because there will not be any modifying of any recipes.  Sorry for all of you that wanted a new recipe....maybe I will double up next week.  We will see.  I recently went to Napa Valley and learned quite a bit about wine.  So in this post, I wanted to share what I learned and what foods pair well with certain types of wine.  Hope you enjoy!!!!


So to get to Napa, we went to San Francisco and drove to Napa.  The weekend that I happen to be there was the Golden Gate Bridge's Birthday.  Love the Golden Gate Bridge.  Since we were right there, I can't help but put Alcatraz in this post.  It's off in the distance.

So anyways, I digress....below are some pics and even a video that I took from Napa.  Sorry to overload you with pictures but it was just so beautiful.




While there, I visited 6 vineyards.  However, I only remembered to get pictures of a couple.  I was drinking tons of wine...what do you expect?!?!?

Hess had a really cool art musuem that accompanied the wine tasting.  It was absolutly amazaing and it was FREE to view the art.  What a deal!!!!











While most people know that pair white wine with chicken and fish or other white meats and red wine with beef, lamb and other red meats, one vineyard gave us popcorn with our wine.  It was actually pretty tasty.








Overall it was a very imformative trip and I definitely plan to go again because harvest time is in the fall.  Right now the grapes are all growing and are very, very tiny.  They were almost unrecognizable.  See pics below..... Those are the baby grapes....aren't they cute!



Feel free to watch this small video of the view from one of the vineyards.  It was just as enjoyable as this video looks.

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoy your post, especially the recipes. Not a wine drinker though - it doesn't mix well with migraines :-). Hope you decide to continue posting recipes after the class is over. I like how you try different recipes and then change them up a bit for yourself.

    ReplyDelete